Suicidal Birds

Early this morning Kim & I left Ocean City to come home. So we are driving down the road and the car up ahead hits their brakes and swerves a bit. There is a goose in the road. He's crossing the road & was at the center line. Another car was already pulling over, I assume to supervise the rest of its crossing, so we had a laugh and continued on our way. About an hour or so later we are on another road. Just cruising along. I was looking ahead down the road and there's a couple white birds in the road. I wasn't concerned because birds always fly out of the way. Well, the first bird hightailed it out of the road as I approached and I assumed the 2nd one would as well. Nope. It lifted up a bit and headed for the windshield! At this point I screamed and swerved. Kim, who had been looking down, hears me yell and looks up to see a big white bird headed her way! It was absolutely hilarious. We were cracking up for about 10-15 minutes. I wish we had been able to take a picture. I'm wondering what my coverage is if I am hit by a suicidal bird?

1 comment:

mama bear said...

I wonder what was so bad in their lives that they felt this was the only way?!